Thursday, August 22, 2013

Pin-Up Inspired


Hello my sweets :) This look here is inspired by the famous pin-up styles that seem to be a big thing again. I really had a lot of fun creating this look especially my lips. I think that red just might be the color for me. There are so many ways to create a pin-up look, this was just the route that worked best for me. Although the blending was a bit of pain I still managed to pull it off. lol. 
So to create this look I started off with my brows. I filled them in using my Urban Decay Black Palette taking the shade Black Dog and a small angle brush to create the shape I wanted to my brows to be. After filling, I then took my HD concealer from NYX and concealed them giving my brows a more sharper edge.
For my eyes I started off by applying a piece of tape to the edge so I could create that perfect line. I covered the entire lid using my jumbo pencil in milk also from NYX and blending it up into my crease and right below my lashes. Using my BH Cosmetics 88 Tropical Matte palette I used the light golden brown shade and started from the tape applying inwards and blending it out to give it a transitional look. Then went in with a shade darker to the crease to make it more define. Using Black Dog from Urban Decay I applied it to the outer corner and slightly blending it onto the brown to give it more of a dramatic look. I then applied my eyeliner creating my wing and also applied it to the water line.
My lips.! For my lips I used Milani's lipstick in Red Label #05 and applied it all over my lips filling them in to get the look I was really wanting to achieve. Next using my red glitter I bought from a craft store and my Sally's glue adhesive, I applied the glitter all over the lipstick giving the lips a little more sparkle :)
I hope this was helpful to you <3

Products Used :
  • NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk
  • BH Cosmetics 88 Tropical Matte Palette
  • Urban Decay's Black Palette
  • Milani's Red Label lipstick #05
  • E.L.F's Liquid Eyeliner in Black
  • NYX HD Concealer


No comments:

Post a Comment