Thursday, July 24, 2014

LOTD: Neon with a Crease


Hello. So today's look was inspired by a good friend of mine who wanted to do a cut-crease collab. The style of look has not always been my strongest area lol In fact I think it is one of my weakest areas. But with a lot of practice I am sure I will grow and become better at perfecting this type of look. Here are some steps on how to create this look yourself. You do not have to use the exact products as I did or colors but this is just an idea on how I created this look.

Step 1- Apply a base. For my base I used NYX Cosmetics jumbo pencil all over the lid and blended it out.

Step 2- Create your crease. To create my crease I used a small flat angle brush and my Urban Decay's Blacj Dog eye shadow to create the crease and shape that I desired. Be sure to take your time on this that way you make less mistakes as possible. After I got the desired look I was going for I went back in with more of the black just to give it more depth.

Step 3- Building your cut crease.  Going in with My Beauty Addictions After Party (purple eye shadow) I applied it directly over the black making sure to blend as much as possible to help get rid of any harsh line and to create a smooth transition from the black to the purple. I then went in with Korpse Kosmetics Nichkhun (soft shimmery pink) and added it on top of the purple making sure to blend it in as well as taking up just below my brow bone to act as a highlighter.

Step 4- Continue to build your colors in the crease until you get the desired look you are aiming for.

Step 5- Taking the neon pink shade from the BH Cosmetics Take Me to Brazil Palette I applied it all over the lid right beneath where I created my crease making sure not to blend in with the crease for you want to keep your crease as sharp as possible. If you do by chance mix the two no worries, all you will have to do is go back in with the black and trace back over your line :)

Step 6- Add black eyeliner to your water line smudging it downwards in your lower lash line. Then go back in with After Party (purple eye shadow) and blend that in on your lower lash line with the black eyeliner to help give it that smokey effect. Apply your eyeliner to the top lash line as desired as well as your mascara and falsies (an option) and your all done :)

For the lips I just used a matte pink lipstick. But you may use which ever you prefer it is all a matter on how you want it to look. I hope you all enjoyed this look. Until next time, just be you <3 nbsp="" p="">
List of Products Used:

  • NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk
  • Urban Decay Black Dog Eye Shadow
  • BH Cosmetics Take Me to Brazil palette (neon pink shadow) and Loveable Lash Mascara in Black
  • E.L.F Liquid Liner 
  • My Beauty Addiction eye shadow in After Party (purple)
  • Korpse Kosmetics eye shadow from the K-Pop Collection in Nichkhun (shimmery pink)
  • Any matte pink lipstick for the lips


No comments:

Post a Comment